Patient and family rights and responsibilities
Patient and family rights
- Respect for the cultural, personal, religious, spiritual values and beliefs of the patient and his family.
- Privacy and non-disclosure of confidential information constituting a medical secret within the framework of law. A patient has the right to refuse photo / video / audio recording.
- Obtaining the guaranteed volume of free medical care, in accordance with the legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan, as part of the provision of medical services by air ambulance.
- Compliance with quality standards.
- Submit appeals and make suggestions.
- Participate in the process of treatment and care through continuous education, the choice of alternative methods, as well as the refusal of medical care and transportation.
- National coordination center for emergency medicine takes measures to protect patients’ property from theft or loss of personal belongings within the established responsibility.
- Protection from physical violence (children, disabled people, the elderly and other persons belonging to vulnerable groups receive adequate protection).
- Be informed about their rights and obligations in an acceptable form and in an understandable language.
- Obtain information about the possibility of becoming a donor of tissue, organ or part of an organ.
Patient and family responsibilities
Patients of the National coordination center for emergency medicine and their families have the following responsibilities:
- Show respect when dealing with healthcare professionals.
- Provide the specialists of the air ambulance crew with all information necessary for the diagnosis and the disease progression.
- Timely inform the employees of the air ambulance crew about changes in their health status in the process of providing medical care and transportation, as well as in cases of diseases that pose a danger to others or suspicions of them.
- Do not commit acts that violate the rights of other patients.
- Observe the recommendations of the air ambulance crew.
- Not to leave the patient (child, person under care) unattended.
- Observe all safety rules for air and ground transportation, take care of the property of the air ambulance crew and cooperate with medical personnel.
Various resources are available for patients seeking information and assistance. In addition to obtaining consultations from the air ambulance crew, patients can:
- comment on the quality of medical services provided during transportation in an air ambulance;
- leave a written review / complaint in the register for requests and suggestions;
- call the helpline of the Quality Management and Risk Management Department by phone: +7 (7172) 709-713; or extension 1046 (Mon-Fri, 9.00-18.00, excluding holidays and weekends). Operator unit may be contacted on holidays and weekends for submitting feedback / requests: +7 (7172) 701-702 (24/7);
- leave feedback on our website or by e-mail